Getting error when using Related Actions since upgrading to 19.2

Certified Lead Developer

This error has started showing up intermittently after the upgrade to 19.2. Same code was running fine on 19.1 previously. Anybody know what the cause could be?

"An error occurred while applying the context for the Inquiry related action [identifier=14]. Details: null."

I've been looking at the logs and it seems to coincide with errors of the sort in the tomcat-stdOut.log file.

2019-06-24 23:45:55,125 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] ERROR com.appiancorp.sail.ServerReevaluationMetrics - Unexpected error at stop(BODY, null). Current metrics are: Metrics [data=MetricsData [isMetricsEnabled=true, isInsideHigherOrderFunction=false, systemOrHideInternalsDepth=0, captureSystemRulesMetrics=false, insideUiSource=1]]

java.lang.NullPointerException

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Does the error only show up when you try to execute the Related Action?

Does it show up as well when you try to edit the SAIL Interface or Rule object that defines it?

The performanceView portion of the error snippet below makes me think of the Performance View when reviewing the performance of a SAIL interface or expression rule used for the definition of the Related Action:

2019-06-26 15:42:36,101 [ajp-nio-8009-exec-62] ERROR com.appiancorp.sail.ServerReevaluationMetrics - Unexpected error at start(SYNTHETIC, performanceView.breadcrumb.recordQuery). Current metrics are: Metrics [data=MetricsData [isMetricsEnabled=true, isInsideHigherOrderFunction=false, systemOrHideInternalsDepth=0, captureSystemRulesMetrics=false, insideUiSource=1]]

I'd be curious to see if you can test the performance of the related action back to the SAIL Interface or Expression Rule object itself for more insight into the behavior/issue.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sean Twombly

Only seems to happen on Related Actions. I never got it while creating a new Record.  I also don't remember getting this while editing the SAIL Interface. 

Not sure how you could test the performance of the Related Action back to the SAIL interface. Seems like it is specifically when the context is applied from the Record to the Start Form that the issue occurs.

Reply Children
No Data