Read log file and store it in a document folder

Hi

I am working on version 19.2.

My requirement is that when a process is triggered, the log file "login-audit.csv" is picked from system logs and is stored in a particular folder. Reading that csv I need to do further processing.

Is there any plugin or any out of the box functionality that can cater my requirement of picking the csv and storing it in a particular folder.

Thanx in advance!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you elaborate on that requirement? I'm having a hard time thinking of a use case for taking that log file and putting it in a folder.

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Eliot Gerson

Hi

As if now working on a POC wherein I would be needing logging details of users in an environment. Would like to store such data in a table so that I can have an cumulative data for a month and display it to a group of users in a grid form or some graphical form. So login-audit.csv gives me data for each day. I would like to fetch data from this csv at the end of day and dump it in a table.

The part of the requirement of storing the data in table is achieved via. the smart service "Import CSV to Database v4" but as if now I am manually downloading the csv from the system logs and then storing it in a folder. I want this part also to be automated.

Any suggestions for this?

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Eliot Gerson

Hi

As if now working on a POC wherein I would be needing logging details of users in an environment. Would like to store such data in a table so that I can have an cumulative data for a month and display it to a group of users in a grid form or some graphical form. So login-audit.csv gives me data for each day. I would like to fetch data from this csv at the end of day and dump it in a table.

The part of the requirement of storing the data in table is achieved via. the smart service "Import CSV to Database v4" but as if now I am manually downloading the csv from the system logs and then storing it in a folder. I want this part also to be automated.

Any suggestions for this?

Children
No Data