Documentation of Shared Componenets

Hi All,

Where can i find documentation provided with the Shared Components.

Previously there was a Record Type Called Shared Components in Appian Forum.But it is not Available now.

Can any one help me with this.

Thanks,

Rohan 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • All shared components have now been migrated to the AppMarket.  If documentation is provided with the free plug-in or app it would be included in the download package.  

If you come across plug-ins where there appears to be missing documentation please email appmarket@appian.com.  They would be able to investigate and add in any previous documentation if it is still applicable.  

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sanchita Gupta

Hi ,

As far as I remember, for example, there was extended documentation included on the Shared Components Record listing for at least some of the following Plug-ins: {Excel Tools, Add Documents to ZIP, PDF Tools, Regular Expression Functions}  (though I don't have any way of double-checking whether i'm remembering correctly for any of them..).

Where would this documentation be found now?  Clicking "Download" on the AppMarket page for any of the above listed items only offers the ".jar" download.  None of these currently show any apparent additional documentation.

• We just added in the documentation for PDF Tools so if you download it now you'll be downloading a ZIP.

In general if documentation is provided by the author it gets included in a ZIP file along with the plug-in JAR, or ZIP for component plug-ins or application package.  Therefore you would download a ZIP rather than the actual JAR or ZIP directly.

Thanks for the information on the other plug-ins!  We'll look into them and if there is relevant documentation we'll add that in. It may be that it some cases it gets missed by the author when submitting an update to the plug-in.  

• We just added in the documentation for PDF Tools so if you download it now you'll be downloading a ZIP.

In general if documentation is provided by the author it gets included in a ZIP file along with the plug-in JAR, or ZIP for component plug-ins or application package.  Therefore you would download a ZIP rather than the actual JAR or ZIP directly.

Thanks for the information on the other plug-ins!  We'll look into them and if there is relevant documentation we'll add that in. It may be that it some cases it gets missed by the author when submitting an update to the plug-in.  

Children
No Data