Deploy Appian Application ZIP File and Patch as a Microservice onto a container

Can we deploy Appian Application ZIP File and Patch as a Microservice onto a container?

If so, how? Is there any documentation on it? I could not find one?

I am not talking about deploying Appian Plugins or Connected Systems as microservices to a container or installing Appian as a product in a container.

I am talking about deploying Appian Application ZIP File and Patch as a Microservice onto a container.

If yes, how?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm not sure the question really makes sense. A application zip or patch isn't a service; there's nothing executable about it. So "deploying as a microservice" isn't really an applicable concept.

• I understand what you are saying. Actually an Appian Application ZIP File is a bunch of files wrapped into a zip file and Appian kind of auto compiled before the export. That’s why a non compile pipeline can be used in CICD . But what if we want to still deployas a non compilable microservice kind of to mimic something which we can do with plugins or connected systems deployment?  Is that even possible?

• Again, in order for something to be a "microservice" , it has to first be a service--it has to be able to run. An application package isn't something that can be run. I realize the term "application" has become a bit overloaded these days, but in Appian terminology, an application is a container that holds Appian objects. It's a way to organize your development, and it may correspond to business cases that you're trying to solve. But it's not an "application" in the sense of a program that you run on your computer, like Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop. 

Maybe it would help if you explain or give an example of the problem you're trying to solve. 

• All I am asking is a pretty simple question. In Other BPM products especially some open source products , the end product or end application that is built is a deployable WAR file which can be compiled as a microservice to a container and deployed . Can the same be done to Appian ‘s Application ZIP File or Patch?

Reply Children
No Data