UUID Usage

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Team,

I imported an application and now see there are no billboard images a!documentImage("id")and no fields on interface where i restricted the access isusermemberofgroup id="",

because id is not same and i understand that UUID is the unique identifier to make use of.When i make use of getcontentsbyUUID it says not available.

1.What plugin to use for making use of UUID,how to add plugin and where ? Plugins are specific to application?

2.Is there any other workaround for making use of UUID without plugin's?

3.In my database for all fields(images and documents) ID is getting stored. How can i make UUID stored instead? If i get UUID stored somehow , i think we still need the plugin to make use of getcontentsbyUUID right?

Please help me understand.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Naveen Chandu

Hi Naveen,

i tried creating a constant that points to my image document.And now i thought of checking the option "Different env. will have diff values for this constant". But i dont have that enabled.

To prevent unintentional changes to an environment’s value for this constant, the value of an environment specific constant is not updated on import unless set via an import customization file. The currently selected constant type cannot be set as environment specific.

Should i do something in Customization file?

Children