Record Type link in interface.

Hello Community,

My Requirements:-

Step 1:- User logged in to Site the home contain Different links to different Record Type (Not record item).

Step 2: - User can open any record type. It must be open in the same tab.

Step 3:- After opening of record , user can select any record item and can perform teh work by related action.

Step 4 :- we want user to navigate to the home page of sie.

Problem :-

1. How to provide the record type link.

2. How to navigate back user to the home page.

3. Any suggestion for my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

One project I'm on handles this (rather gracefully) by having a report that lists all Record Types a user has access to, and instead of linking to the actual record type listing for each one, it instead links to a report for that record - which we have built manually to display the list of records therein, but with our own custom-controlled filtering etc (the benefit of building it from scratch).  Then each line has a record link to the record (and i typically use safelinks to external records or anything that isn't a link to the specific record for that row) - so in general the user experience follows what you're looking for, without forcing the user into separate tabs for everything, and only needing to build one extra novel SAIL form per record type.

Certified Lead Developer

One project I'm on handles this (rather gracefully) by having a report that lists all Record Types a user has access to, and instead of linking to the actual record type listing for each one, it instead links to a report for that record - which we have built manually to display the list of records therein, but with our own custom-controlled filtering etc (the benefit of building it from scratch).  Then each line has a record link to the record (and i typically use safelinks to external records or anything that isn't a link to the specific record for that row) - so in general the user experience follows what you're looking for, without forcing the user into separate tabs for everything, and only needing to build one extra novel SAIL form per record type.

Children
No Data