Automated Migration from Query Rule to a!queryEntity Expression Rule

Is there any tooling that will convert Query Rules to a!queryEntity Expression Rules?  We are going to upgrade from 18.1 to 19.2 soon and we have a couple hundred Query Rules.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

There is no automated functionality, but I suggest that you go around creating new Query Entity expression rules for every Data Store Entity that you currently query on using Query Rules, and start with the heaviest-used Query Rules and replace them manually.  As Stefan already said, we most likely have a very long lead time before Query Rules are removed outright, as many legacy systems (one of mine included) have hundreds of query rules in use which will require manual changeover.  If they ever do remove the functionality, I hope and expect that they'll give us a very long warning period beforehand (at least a year).

Certified Lead Developer

There is no automated functionality, but I suggest that you go around creating new Query Entity expression rules for every Data Store Entity that you currently query on using Query Rules, and start with the heaviest-used Query Rules and replace them manually.  As Stefan already said, we most likely have a very long lead time before Query Rules are removed outright, as many legacy systems (one of mine included) have hundreds of query rules in use which will require manual changeover.  If they ever do remove the functionality, I hope and expect that they'll give us a very long warning period beforehand (at least a year).

Children
No Data