safeLink hide after click

Is there a way to hide a safeLink after it is clicked?  Requirement is that the link is clicked by the user, the info opens in a new tab.  If the user completes the work in the new tab and goes back to the originating tab (the Appian window), we don't want to show the link again.

There is no saveInto on the safeLink or the linkField the safeLink is contained within.

We are on 18.1

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I know of no way to make a form "know" when a user has clicked a safeLink. 

I can think of certain workarounds which may or may not be acceptable depending on the particulars of your use case - one would be simply including a "refresh" button conveniently accessible which will cause the list of available links to re-evaluate and any completed ones will be marked / not clickable / not shown / whatever you like.  The other would involve a 2-click approach, where at first the user clicks one thing to reveal the safelink, then they can click on the safelink... and they also get new options, like "mark complete" and "cancel" or the like.  I'm sure there are various other approaches that could accomplish a similar effect too.

Certified Lead Developer

I know of no way to make a form "know" when a user has clicked a safeLink. 

I can think of certain workarounds which may or may not be acceptable depending on the particulars of your use case - one would be simply including a "refresh" button conveniently accessible which will cause the list of available links to re-evaluate and any completed ones will be marked / not clickable / not shown / whatever you like.  The other would involve a 2-click approach, where at first the user clicks one thing to reveal the safelink, then they can click on the safelink... and they also get new options, like "mark complete" and "cancel" or the like.  I'm sure there are various other approaches that could accomplish a similar effect too.

Children