Appian Cloud Mysql Configuration

Certified Senior Developer

Anyone know if appian would be able to change our environment's mysql version to the enterprise version? 

One of my colleagues recommended we use the enterprise version to help us gain performance with our queries.

If it's not possible, that's fine too.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Appian Cloud only provides community edition, but we offer this with high availability as an option as well.

If you would like enterprise edition, customers may license and host MySQL enterprise edition themselves.   You can then connect your MySQL instance to Appian using the Data Source config in the Admin Console.   This of course applies to any other RDBMS platform supported by Appian as a business data store. (Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL and DB2)

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to malcolm.ross

Right, but appian cloud is a paid service, so i think it would provide its customers with the right tools, particularly in Production environments. Would be a great addition to the platform for a future release. I'm not sure if the team has considered upgrading the mysql version as well to 8.0?

Reply Children
  • Certainly Appian Cloud is a paid service providing lots of value to our customers.  But the value our customers are paying for is the Appian platform, not a hosted MySQL service. 

The MySQL service is provided as a convenience to easily get started with the Appian Platform.  The option is always available to our customers to change the business data store with other options if they so choose.

We regularly upgrade MySQL once we have a high degree of confidence of these new database versions will operate effectively with the many operational aspects of the Appian platform.  Stay tuned to future quarterly release cycles for notice on platform upgrades like MySQL.