Public app

hi there,

this is my first time and I need more help by answering this 3 question that helps me in my comparison process to choose my next tools.

Needs:

- I want to build UBER like app .. and in this case, I need the users to register on it and i have to build login form too. 

Questions:

1- If I have 1M users do I have to pay anything to Appian?

2- do I have the ability to build a registration form and a login form to my users?

3- can I hide any Appian brand from my app to?

thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Ahmed,

Answer to First Question : Yes it all depends on the user count and you can check this with Appian for complete information.

Answer to your Second question: You need to have separate application (Not in appian) through which you can create the user in the background in the appian as well as any third party (like LDAP) in case if your appian platform's login mechanism is depends on LDAP or other tools similar to this. 

Answer to your Third question: AFAIK, It may not be possible in case if you replacing main log. other you can handle it through the admin console. 

Could you please elaborate more about scenario so that folks can share more information according to the exact requirement!?

Thanks,

Shanmukha

• thanks, Shanmukha for your reply and support.

am little confused about Appian now .. after your answers.

am expect to use Appian as a full development environment .. let me give you the scenario I will write it in points:

1- I will use the STANDARD LICENSING package and 1 user only (the developer --> Me)

2- I need to build a mobile app whatever the kind of the app.

3- any mobile app must have a registration form and must be embedded on it. what I understand from your answers this means that I will use different forms and different registration mechanism .. the standard as we know. 

-- > fill the form

-- > confirmation mail send

-- > activation link in the mail to activate the account

-- > user can log in and open his profile page.

I need to build these steps on Appian ..not using any other tools ex. PHP, java or HTML page only if embedded in the app 

4- page for statistics and analytics for each user

If you have an example I will appreciate.  am just afraid wasting time to learn a new too not helping me build everything.

thanks again.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Ahmed Alnaqa

1- If I have 1M users do I have to pay anything to Appian?

Answer: Check with your sales rep. Appian proposes two pricing models. Named user and application specific (https://www.appian.com/platform/pricing/)

2- do I have the ability to build a registration form and a login form to my users?

Answer: What you are referring to is self-registration. There are quite a few considerations here, so I would bundle this into the sales / pricing conversation. Basically, Appian needs to be 'aware' of the user to let them use the app.

3- can I hide any Appian brand from my app to?

Answer: Here is details on this: https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.3/Custom_Mobile_Applications.html