Searching a GridField with user inputs

Dear Team,

I have a Grid Field in which the data been populated from a Data Subset (Data from a Query Entity. I want to provide a text box ("Search") , where user will be searching items in the Grid.

My request is not to refresh the Data fetch every time, where as i want to search in the first time loaded data subset.

Please help with your solution...

Thanks in advance...

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I agree with Peter for the most part - the only way to really do what you're requesting here is to query an entire database table (at least the relevant columns for display) all into a local variable at load time, and then filter on that set when the user enters some filter value.  This is, almost always, significantly less efficient for the DB and for the Appian environment than just doing a finely-tuned re-query when the user enters some filter value.  The one exception being a case where a table will only ever have maybe 50 or 100 entries, and will not grow at all in the future.

Certified Lead Developer

I agree with Peter for the most part - the only way to really do what you're requesting here is to query an entire database table (at least the relevant columns for display) all into a local variable at load time, and then filter on that set when the user enters some filter value.  This is, almost always, significantly less efficient for the DB and for the Appian environment than just doing a finely-tuned re-query when the user enters some filter value.  The one exception being a case where a table will only ever have maybe 50 or 100 entries, and will not grow at all in the future.

Children
No Data