Export to excel

Good morning,

I want to ask if it is possilbe, using the smart service Export Data Store Entity to Excel, take the datas I want to export to a Excel, from the process and not from Data Store, ie, I will generate the datas in the process, and I dont have it in data base.

Thank you so much.

Regards, Teresa.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

I believe Appian's current recommended approach is to use Export DSE to Excel anyway.  It is possible (despite what the previous commentor said), but requires a bit of a workaround: you would want to create a special database table just to hold this data, and write it there, and then call that table in the Export DSE to Excel smart service.  I would suggest making one of the columns "process ID", which you could then use in the query, as I believe process ID will always be unique.

Frankly this use case would be better suited by Export CDT to Excel, which used to be found in the Excel Tools plug-in (until shortly after version 2.0.0), but it's been deprecated for a while now for reasons that were never fully explained.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi MIke , is there a way where in we click on an button and get the excel generated and downloaded in one click? right now on button click we trigger a PM and that PM generates the doc and places in KC gets back a doc id. And then user has to click on another button to download the doc.

please suggest if there is an another way to do it.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to ganeshbabuj
    is there a way where in we click on an button and get the excel generated and downloaded in one click?

No.  The process is logically 2 steps requiring 2 completely separate types of links, and therefore is not possible to combine in this way.

Reply Children
No Data