Can't import new component

Hello,

I am having issues importing a twilio field component into my environment. I have downloaded the zip file and then tried to import it but for reason when it says that "the import was complete with no errors or warnings".

I have attached an image with message from Appian after I have import the zip file.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Site Name: My Site Name
    Domain: mysite.appiancloud.com

Import completed in 0.01 seconds

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jsalcedo28

Have you verified whether the application .zip file you're importing actually contains objects, in the off chance that it was a bad or incomplete export?  And, is there any chance that the export utilized some sort of smart service, plug-in or other sort of component that isn't available in the target import environment?  Usually I'd hope this would throw an error message, but I imagine there might be some cases where it doesn't.

• I'm guessing your zip file is actually a zip that contains another zip file (and the second zip is your application). Often if you download a plugin or package from Community or another site, it includes both the plugin and the application in a top-level zip. Probably if you open the package you will see another zip called "Twilio Demo Application" or something like that.

For reference, an application zip file should contain folders that relate to design objects. Here's a list of the folders I found in a recent application zip:

• application
    • connectedSystem
    • content
    • dataStore
    • datatype
    • group
    • META-INF
    • processModel
    • processModelFolder
    • recordType
    • site
    • rempoReport
    • webApi

If you open the zip file and you don't see these things (or another zip inside that has them), then you probably don't have an application zip. You might have something like the plugin file zip. (Here's an example of what the plug-in zip directory looks like.) If this is the zip you have, then you need to deploy this as a plug-in by adding it to the /_admin/plugins folder (if on premise) or deploy via the admin console (if on cloud). Here's more information about deploying plugins.

• Hi Peter,

I've checked on the folders and I've found the following structure below (Please see images attached). Is the plugin zip file correct?

This is how the zip file looks like inside:

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jsalcedo28

That definitely looks like a plug-in ZIP and not an application package.  I assume Peter can give you more detail, if needed, on installing the plug-in (if you're dealing with a local install you can do so yourself following the online documentation).  But in any case this is not an app package that we would expect to do anything useful when using the Import functionality in Appian Designer.