Need design Help : Receive Message Event

Hi All ,

I am using Receive Message event to trigger a process model through email and storing all the required email properties using message properties bean.
Whenever the mail comes to inbox and process gets triggered , i am creating a entry in Database and storing all the details(subject,body,to Email,cc Email etc) under single ID .
Now let say user responds to same email , then again process gets triggered and creates a new entry in Database which is kind of duplicate entry for the same request/email .

So i need some help on how should i Group Email Threads under a Single ID.  Whenever there is an email thread on the same topic , then the emails should be consolidated onto a single ID.

Any thoughts ? Please advise .

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anu,

If I understood your question correctly. you do not want to store the response mail from a user. in this case, you can read the subject of the mail from message properties and if you find RE: as the prefix, you can skip DB write. Or if you need an audit history of the same you can maintain a separate table which contains all mails alone with a column called "Mail Type" Value could be (New, Reply, Forward, Automatic reply) 

• Hi Anu,

If I understood your question correctly. you do not want to store the response mail from a user. in this case, you can read the subject of the mail from message properties and if you find RE: as the prefix, you can skip DB write. Or if you need an audit history of the same you can maintain a separate table which contains all mails alone with a column called "Mail Type" Value could be (New, Reply, Forward, Automatic reply) 

Children
No Data