Importing same project into environment

Hi,

I am trying to import the same application into the same dev environment. How do I do this without overwriting the existing applications?

How do I edit the branding of one application without changing them all?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "overwriting the existing applications".  Applications aren't 'overwritten' as such - if you re-import an identical application with identical versions of an identical set of artifacts (as in, you export an app package from an environment and then immediately try to re-import it to that same environment), Appian will recognize that the objects are the same, and unchanged, and basically skip all of them.  If a particular objects is the same but you're importing an app package with a different version, then that version will be imported as a new version of that object.

As far as your Branding question - can you describe a bit more about what "application branding" you're referring to?

• Hi Sean - 

An Application is just a collection of objects.

Exported objects re-imported into the same environment have the same UUID, so they would not be duplicated on import.

2 Applications can reference a single object, or put another way, a single object can be referenced by multiple applications.

You can copy most object types in 19.4.

What are you really trying to do?