Delaying the running of a rule until variables updated

Hi

I am not sure if this is something that can be done, but here is the scenario.

I have a situation where a user cannot be assigned role A if they have a role B.

There are two related actions from a record dashboard which enables the assignment of these two roles.

If the user is assigned role B via the related action and then is attempted to be assigned role A from the related action it is taking time for the second assignment to realise that the first assignment has taken place.

Is there anyway that I can make the assignment of Role A wait until an elapsed time after the assignment of role B.

Not sure if any of this makes sense.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Irene Best

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi

From the above description what I understood that in a record dashboard user have two related actions. One for assigning role A and other is to assign role B. Here system is taking time to complete assignment A and meanwhile user triggers related action for assignment B.
    As a solution we can put both the related action process models in chaining so that it will only return to dashboard after completing all the task of Process, If I understood the problem statement correct.

• Hi

From the above description what I understood that in a record dashboard user have two related actions. One for assigning role A and other is to assign role B. Here system is taking time to complete assignment A and meanwhile user triggers related action for assignment B.
    As a solution we can put both the related action process models in chaining so that it will only return to dashboard after completing all the task of Process, If I understood the problem statement correct.

Children