Sorting non-primary key column in Export Data Store Entity to Excel

Hello, 

We are using the Export Data Store Entity to Excel smart-service to generate an excel sheet. The requirement is to have the data in the excel sheet sorted by a date column in the descending order. I have defined the ORDER BY clause in the view to handle the data sorting. For some reason, the Export Data Store Entity to Excel smart-service overrides this and generates the excel sheet sorted by the primary key in ascending order. Is there a way to export data into an excel sheet where the data is sorted by a column that is not a primary key ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

After checking, I can see there are a few previous discussions around this topic here on Community, but so far there are no solid answers I can find.  I was mistakenly thinking that the Export DSE to Excel node had a way to accept sorting parameters, but after checking into it, I was wrong.  I think the only viable current way of handling this is to create a special view to handle your export, where the primary key is the column you want it to be sorted by.  If this is insufficient for you, I suggest opening a support case with Appian to lay out your use case and get them to hopefully fix the Export DSE to Excel node soon.

• Thank you for your response, Mike. Unfortunately, I cannot create a special view having the primary key as the column I want to sort by since this column(here in my case a date field) can include null and duplicate values. I will probably open a support case with Appian and see what they have to suggest. Thanks again.

Reply Children