Import Excel To Database

Hi Team,

I am using Import Excel to Database Smart Service and i can read the data when the excel upload has the same columns as the database Table contains. But if we upload any other excel template which doesnt match the database it is breaking in the backed.

Error: ???Unknown Column "in 'field list'???

Can anyone tell me how to handle this scenario?

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Is there any way we can handle the Invalid Template Check.If the template is invalid instead of breaking in the backed  it should not write any data since the column headers are not matching with the uploaded data.

As of now i am reading the column header first row by using function readexcelCellsByname and if the column headers are not matching i am showing a validation message in user interface. 

But i dont feel this approach is more optimized since we are using a function and smart service to check the invalid template.

So i want the check if we can do this using the same smart service instead of using the function.

• you can ask the user to download the template which needs to be filled in. and you can validate if the template is updated or not. or they have uploaded another template.