How to have a link appear to submit a task

We have a requirement that when a record is reassigned, we need to show a task to the new user that they have work to do.  This task will be persistent until they view it.  On the task will be a link to the new record.  If they click the link, the task must go away.  The task will also have a close button if they wish to close the task (confirming they read it and are aware of their work) but do not want to view the record at this time.  The record will be available from their record list as well since they will have access to it.

How do we have the link appear to close the task?  Is there a way to have a link both submit a form/send a message to the PM/start a timer/something AND navigate them to the record?  I know a recordLink will navigate, and a submitLink will submit the form, and a dynamicLink will set a variable/send a message to a PM, and startProcessLink will start a process to do whatever I want, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do any of these nice things AND navigate to a record/report.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Yeah - you'll need to do this in more than one click, no matter how you slice it.  Once you get past that, there are a variety of possibilities.  The one I'd consider first is, from the persistent task, have a submit link saying along the lines of "dismiss and view Record", which takes the user (via chaining) to a subsequent task with no submit button but with a recordlink.  That task will not appear on their task list (via quick task designation) and will time out after a few minutes (it really doesn't matter how quickly).

Then again, it might just be slightly easier to have your original task have one link/button to dismiss the task, and a secondary link to the record (consider using a safeLink to open the record in a new tab, to allow the user more easily to go back to the task and also click dismiss).

• We really need a product enhancement to allow links to do saveInto....

Reply Children