URL to view a document stored in Appian

Certified Associate Developer

Hi all,

I want to view the document stored in application folder using url.  When I use the url like "/suite/doc/<docId>" it only downloads the document.  I want a url to view the document.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know that has nothing to do with the URL, it's more of a combination in configurations between how the web server is configured to present certain file types, as well as how your browser is prepared to handle them when received via link (download versus "open").  I don't think there's any standard way to do what you're asking for.  As an alternative, have you considered using the document viewer component, perhaps?

Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know that has nothing to do with the URL, it's more of a combination in configurations between how the web server is configured to present certain file types, as well as how your browser is prepared to handle them when received via link (download versus "open").  I don't think there's any standard way to do what you're asking for.  As an alternative, have you considered using the document viewer component, perhaps?

Children