Hi I want to catch an exception value in a variable. for example if

Hi

I want to catch an exception value in a variable. for example if I am calling a web service and if the connection fails. I want to log the error message in a Process variable How can I achieve it and also how the exception handling is done through rules or receive message.

It will be great if anybody could help as this is urgent. Thanks in Advance ...

OriginalPostID-95150

OriginalPostID-95150

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When an activity fails an alert is generated to notify the relevant parties for it to be corrected. There's no automatic exception handling for this type of activities (in contrast to the Call Web Service Node which has a retry logic and a Fault object). For more information on Exception Handling review the following link forum.appian.com/.../Exception_Handling

You can still add logic to your model to take actions when there's a failure but the implementation of such mechanisms depends on the design of the model. For instance, let's say you know Script Task A runs a query rule; you could add a custom output to store a "success" flag in a process variable and monitor this variable after X hours (through a timer), let's say that based on your model if this flag is still null or false after those X hours then you can consider something happened with the Script Task and you can configure your flow to notify you or take other actions.

Other people may have other ideas on how to handle failures on nodes but they will all depend on the design of your model.
  • When an activity fails an alert is generated to notify the relevant parties for it to be corrected. There's no automatic exception handling for this type of activities (in contrast to the Call Web Service Node which has a retry logic and a Fault object). For more information on Exception Handling review the following link forum.appian.com/.../Exception_Handling

You can still add logic to your model to take actions when there's a failure but the implementation of such mechanisms depends on the design of the model. For instance, let's say you know Script Task A runs a query rule; you could add a custom output to store a "success" flag in a process variable and monitor this variable after X hours (through a timer), let's say that based on your model if this flag is still null or false after those X hours then you can consider something happened with the Script Task and you can configure your flow to notify you or take other actions.

Other people may have other ideas on how to handle failures on nodes but they will all depend on the design of your model.
Children
No Data