Write ISO-8859-1 file

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

Is there any way to write a file (txt or xml) using the ISO-8859-1 encoding on Appian? Using out of the box components or any plugin available on the market?

We have an Appian application that generates a xml file that is sent to another system to be imported on other application but that application can only read files with the ISO-8859-1 encoding.

We are using the Text Doc From Template Smart Service to generate the xml file but this smart service always generates an UTF-8 file.

Any help is apreciated. Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Just to confirm, are you saying the Text from Template smart service will produce a UTF-8 file even if the template provided is ISO-8859-1?

This might be a situation where a custom plug-in is needed; if there are any public java utilities to do a simple text file encoding transformation like this, then it might be possible to easily roll that into a new plug-in and use it for your purposes.  I unfortunately don't know much more about how to make this a reality, but I know that there are some people for whom it might be a simple process.

Certified Lead Developer

Just to confirm, are you saying the Text from Template smart service will produce a UTF-8 file even if the template provided is ISO-8859-1?

This might be a situation where a custom plug-in is needed; if there are any public java utilities to do a simple text file encoding transformation like this, then it might be possible to easily roll that into a new plug-in and use it for your purposes.  I unfortunately don't know much more about how to make this a reality, but I know that there are some people for whom it might be a simple process.

Children
No Data