Is it possible to revert to a previous version of an Application?

Suppose that I wish to revert back to the state of the application 1 month ago. Is there any way I can do that? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Danny - in some ways this is no different from asking the same question about ANY Enterprise Application, the answer being "It depends!".

It depends of what's changed and what the impact is of rolling back your application. For instance, if you've simply changed the layout of a few interface objects, then you can revert quite easily (although in a controlled and authorised manner I would hope!). Here you could simply open the Interface object in question, find the version you want to restore to, open it and save it as the latest version and then deploy. So you're "rolling forwards" to roll back.

If you changed a large part of your database, added new data items, and rippled that impact all the way to the front-end the impact of rolling back is huge, including losing the new data you've acquired and possibly the decision made on the cases already processed. As long as you can get to the previous versions of the objects you could follow the same idea - roll backwards to roll forwards, but the risks and impacts would be HUGE and not an exercise to be undertaken lightly.

The gap between the time a new version was deployed and the time you want to revert will also play a major factor in your decision as the data may well have to be fixed, as well as any downstream business impacts (e.g. have letters gone out to customers that would or would not have gone depending on  which version you processed a case on)