Row level security

Dear all,

I don't remember where but I think I have heard from a product webinar or AppianWord that you can apply security on a single row of a record.  Please can someone confirm this?  And if this is true, where can I configure this feature?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In the past I thought the approach described in these comments, as well as in the playbook https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/207/record-level-security-for-entity-backed-records#ExampleApp1 use to limit not only users from seeing the record instance on the record grid, but would also throw an error if they navigated to the record instance via url. I just tried this in 21.1 and it allowed me to view the record instance. Did something change? 

Is there another approach that could be taken that would truly limit visibility to a record instance via an expression, and not just filter what is in the record grid list. If the user has a bookmark of the record link, or if the system has a record link outside of the record grid, then they can still hit the record. 

• I'm not able to reproduce that behavior of being able to access a record that is not visible via default filters.  In my 21.1 instance, I still see the earlier behavior of an error when a record is not accessible via default filters (and it does not appear in the grid), which is what I would expect.

1) Accessed a record summary for process #1, saved the link

2) Updated default filters to exclude process #1

3) Refreshed the record, #1 disappeared as expected

4) Pasted the saved link into a new browser tab, received the error below as expected

• I'm not able to reproduce that behavior of being able to access a record that is not visible via default filters.  In my 21.1 instance, I still see the earlier behavior of an error when a record is not accessible via default filters (and it does not appear in the grid), which is what I would expect.

1) Accessed a record summary for process #1, saved the link

2) Updated default filters to exclude process #1

3) Refreshed the record, #1 disappeared as expected

4) Pasted the saved link into a new browser tab, received the error below as expected

Children