Notify users of an event

Hello,

I have a process that allows my users to upload documents on sharepoint.

I would like to have a group of users to be notified on their smartphone every time a document is uploaded (push notification).

I except to have the same behaviour that the user input task component (email and push notification) behaviour without it to be a task because, if one of the user accept the task, the other can't see anymore the task.

With other words, I would like a component or a trick to do message push notifications.

Is it possible ?

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Currently (AFAIK) you cannot send Mobile Push messages without assigning a Task to a User. But you could use this existing pattern anyway: just assign a Task to EVERY individual that you want notified. Each User will get a Task and, associated with that, assuming they're set up to receive Push notifications, a Push message as well. If you're not interested in the Task for the Users you can simply put a timeout on the Task to kill it off after, say, 5 minutes.

• Thank you Stewart for your answer.

I certainly missconfigured the user input task because I received 4 emails (as much as the number of the user of the group).

In the Other tab of the component, I checked Run one instance for each assignee.

In the Assignment tab, it is assign to a process variable which type is Group and it is filled with a constant.

Did I miss something ?

Reply Children