Batch process in Appian

Hi Everyone

can you help me understand about batch processing or jobs and suitable example related to that? 

for example, i need to add data in excel and at a time i can  add some x amount of data so how batch processing will run?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• You mean the batch process to be triggered as you update the excel file? Could you elaborate a little bit more about your scenario?

• Hi,

We use batch processing when we have too much data, so we break the data into batches and processes batch in sequential manner.

Why we need batch process : If we process a big chunk of data at same time then it can consume all memory of server and application response can be very slow, that's why we use batch processing.

Where we can use : Now suppose there is any schedule job which is schedule to run monthly or weekly. Whenever this job will run it need to process a big chunk of data and many process models need to execute to complete the process. If we process all the data in same time then we can face the memory issue, so better the use batch processing.

If you can explain more about your scenario then people can help you.

Thanks

Abhay