Sort Editable Grid By Column Values

Creating sortable columns in a read-only grid seems very straightforward, but I cannot figure out how to do this in an editable grid. I am trying to do this for a numeric decimal column, but would also like the grid to be sortable by multiple columns. Please let me know any suggestions or resources. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

This is possible to do via workarounds like Drew mentions, but there's a reason the editable grid isn't inherently sortable by column - when the data within is actually editable, then trying to change the sort (while pending edits are in place, etc) is just a nightmare.  Therefore I strongly recommend against this.  If you need sorting, use read-only.  If you need editable, then sort the data at the start in a manner that will be suitable until editing is completed.

Certified Lead Developer

This is possible to do via workarounds like Drew mentions, but there's a reason the editable grid isn't inherently sortable by column - when the data within is actually editable, then trying to change the sort (while pending edits are in place, etc) is just a nightmare.  Therefore I strongly recommend against this.  If you need sorting, use read-only.  If you need editable, then sort the data at the start in a manner that will be suitable until editing is completed.

Children