how to pass a cdt through an interface

Certified Associate Developer
Happy Friday Appian Community ,
I cannot figure out how to pass data though an interface a second time.
I have tried to copy how it was done in the first write to data store.
maybe I am trying to save it in to many different places?
here is my submit buttons code: 
primaryButtons: {
      a!buttonWidget(
        label: "Approve",
        icon: "check",
        value: true(),
        saveInto: {
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information,ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information),
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information.supervisorsDecisionDate,now()),
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information.supervisorDecision,true)
          },
        submit: true,
        style: "PRIMARY"
      )
    },
here is my user form input
output
write to data store input
output:
anything you could advise would be helpful.
thanks,
Kevin

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

A few redundancies here.

The first line of your saveInto does literally nothing.  It saves the current RI value back into itself - which will have net zero effect.  You can remove this as far as I can tell.  Keep lines 2 and 3, these should work correctly for what you're seemingly trying to do.

You save the value from the node Inputs tab into a PV, and then you save it into a PV in the Outputs tab.  This is also unnecessary - you only need to do it in one place or the other.  Usually in cases like this it's easiest to just do it from the Inputs tab, unless you need to do some sort of transformation to the CDT upon form submission, in which case you should only use the Outputs tab (i don't think this applies to you though).  NOTE: per what Chris pointed out below, even if you did want to save the CDT value in the Output tab, the data output should reference ac!User_Data instead of pv!User_Data.

Your Write to Data Store is configured correctly.

What exactly is the issue you're having?  Despite the redundancies I noted, I don't spot any errors that would (necessarily) prevent proper function.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I am unable to see any of the values that I was populating in that form.

It seems like the write to data store is not functioning at all.

Reply Children