how to pass a cdt through an interface

Certified Associate Developer
Happy Friday Appian Community ,
I cannot figure out how to pass data though an interface a second time.
I have tried to copy how it was done in the first write to data store.
maybe I am trying to save it in to many different places?
here is my submit buttons code: 
primaryButtons: {
      a!buttonWidget(
        label: "Approve",
        icon: "check",
        value: true(),
        saveInto: {
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information,ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information),
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information.supervisorsDecisionDate,now()),
          a!save(ri!GFIM_User_Access_User_Information.supervisorDecision,true)
          },
        submit: true,
        style: "PRIMARY"
      )
    },
here is my user form input
output
write to data store input
output:
anything you could advise would be helpful.
thanks,
Kevin

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In this case your Interface Output save for pv!User_Data is overwriting your interface updates.  Only the Save Into from the Input tab is correct, you will want to delete the Output Save Into, as this is overwriting with the pv! value (what the variable was set at prior to the form save).  If you had used ac!User_Data in the output this would function correctly but be redundant. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Chris

Oh yeah, good catch - I didn't even notice the interface output node was referencing the PV in saving the PV back into itself.  That said I'm not clear (without testing) whether the save-out to the PV from the Input tab would happen before or after the Output save executes... but in any case there's no need for such confusion since there's a potential overwrite and/or race condition.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Chris

Oh yeah, good catch - I didn't even notice the interface output node was referencing the PV in saving the PV back into itself.  That said I'm not clear (without testing) whether the save-out to the PV from the Input tab would happen before or after the Output save executes... but in any case there's no need for such confusion since there's a potential overwrite and/or race condition.

Children