Does anyone know what the easiest and most cost-efficient method would be to che

Does anyone know what the easiest and most cost-efficient method would be to check if a given process ID exists? I have a list of processID's I'm passing to my SmartService as a Long array, and I need to iterate through it and remove any ID's that are invalid. Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-97074

OriginalPostID-97074

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Ok. Few things to keep in mind. Mixing user activity with process identifier could lead to challenges that you've just mentioned. Especially if users need to refer to a very long number and retype in a CSv file.

If you must associate the two, then you should consider having a process that does this for the end user, thus avoiding manual intervention.

Having said that, your option is to use the analytic smart service ootb or processanalytis API call which actually does the same in the background.

Finally, I can't emphasize the importance of getting your architecture right from day 1 so you have great processes.....
  • Ok. Few things to keep in mind. Mixing user activity with process identifier could lead to challenges that you've just mentioned. Especially if users need to refer to a very long number and retype in a CSv file.

If you must associate the two, then you should consider having a process that does this for the end user, thus avoiding manual intervention.

Having said that, your option is to use the analytic smart service ootb or processanalytis API call which actually does the same in the background.

Finally, I can't emphasize the importance of getting your architecture right from day 1 so you have great processes.....
Children
No Data