We are using oracle 11g as our database. When I try to use the query database sm

We are using oracle 11g as our database. When I try to use the query database smart service with the following SELECT query, Select name, address from employee , it does not save and gives a validation error -"Table or view does not exist". However if I change the query to Select "name","address" from "employee", it works fine without issues. I did not see anything in the documentation pertaining to this. Is this how we should be writing the queries?...

OriginalPostID-97107

OriginalPostID-97107

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I had a look at the appian generated SQL while publishing the datastore, it looks like create table "employee" (
    "id" number(10,0) not null,
    "name" varchar2(255 char) not null,
    "address" varchar2(255 char) not null,
    primary key ("id")
    );
    As a best practice should we download the ddl script, remove the auto generated quotes and then run the scripts in the db. Then the issue with quotes will vanish. Any known issues with that?
  • I had a look at the appian generated SQL while publishing the datastore, it looks like create table "employee" (
    "id" number(10,0) not null,
    "name" varchar2(255 char) not null,
    "address" varchar2(255 char) not null,
    primary key ("id")
    );
    As a best practice should we download the ddl script, remove the auto generated quotes and then run the scripts in the db. Then the issue with quotes will vanish. Any known issues with that?
Children
No Data