Object versioning : Get Last Modified timestamp

Hi All,

I want to find the last modified timestamp of an object. I know there are different plugins which can provide the object details like 'getcontentdetailsbyuuid' or 'getcontentobjectrevisionhistorydetails'. But there is a scenario where the last modified can be seen different in the design view and the version history view. And the above functions always return the timestamp shown in the version history view. Please find the scenario below:

There are 4 versions created for an object with the latest version saved at '8/14/2020 1:35 PM'. The previous version was modified at '8/7/2020 5:08 PM'. Now if I delete the latest version which was created at  '8/14/2020 1:35 PM', the design view shows last modified as  '8/14/2020 1:35 PM' but the version history shows the latest version created as '8/7/2020 5:08 PM'. And the latter timestamp is what is returned by the functions as well (i.e. '8/7/2020 5:08 PM'). I need to get '8/14/2020 1:35 PM' as an output to manage the version history.

I have check the logs as well to see if object version deletion is logged somewhere but could not find any such log file.

Design View:

Version History View:

Function Output:

Appreciate any inputs. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Jake

Hi Jake,

Unfortunately the timestamp at which I delete an object version is also not appearing in the object search view.

But if I can get the 'last modified on' seen on the design view, I can compare it with the timestamp of version history and at least conclude that some change has been made to latest version of the object that existed before.

So is there a way I can get the 'Last Modified On' shown in the design view.

Children
No Data