Export to Excel across different sheets ?

I'm using the exportDataStoreEntityToExcel sail function to pull data from a single table into excel...

The data I'm pulling has a location identifier for each row. Is it at all possible to write the data into excel so that data for each location is on a different sheet ?

table has 
loc1  field2 field3 field4
loc2  field2 field3 field4
loc3  field2 field3 field4
loc2  field2 field3 field4

I'd like to get the spreadsheet to have

tabs :Loc1   Loc2  Loc3

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Likely you will want to loop over a!exportDataStoreEntityToExcel() in this scenario - first querying for the list of unique locations, {"loc1","loc2","loc3"}, then potentially utilizing a!foreach() on those locations to call the export function, with fv!item (each location) in the filters parameter, and fv!index as the sheetNumber.  Note I haven't implemented this logic with the export function, but I have done this with the Smart Service in a process model which loops utilizing the same documentToUpdate to write to different sheets.  Just some food for thought..

• that what I thought you'd say :( 
    if we follow that pattern, doesn't it mean that we will be pinging the db for export for each location -- so 30 locations + 1 ping to get the locations listed out.

Reply Children