File Upload from UI

Hi Alll,

1.I have a requirement where the user will be having an option to upload any number of files of any format from the UI, Pleaes let us know what would be best way to handle it?
2.Is there any way to store Blob/Clob type ?
3. Is there is size limit or Number of files limit for bulk upload?
4. If we store file in DB how to read and get files downloaded?

Thanks,

Deepak

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Deepak Shinde

It would be awesome to get a confirmation as valid answer. if you have questions dont hestiate to ask if something stays unclear.

hint: perhaps you need some transformation with tointeger() before saving and/or todocument() after loading to have proper formats.

• Hi Richard,

I was looking to test a simple upload via interface. When i have created an interface adding a file upload component and then trying to load a file - its temporary generating a temp variable with the document Id. So the file which is uploaded, where exactly the file goes can i store it locally in a folder(sub folder of the project) and store the id in the DB. 

Is it possible for you to put out all the steps in detail here starting from interface creation and local folder creation and with an example. IT would be really great if this can happen. I am strucked with this from last two to three days.

Regards,

Soumya

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to soumyan0001

When i have created an interface adding a file upload component and then trying to load a file - its temporary generating a temp variable with the document Id. So the file which is uploaded, where exactly the file goes can i store it locally in a folder(sub folder of the project) and store the id in the DB. 

1.) to get the file available in a appian folder, you need to submit the form.
    the function " a!fileUploadField()"  has a parameter available called "target fodler". There you can define the location of your document after submitting

for that, your traget folder has to be created as part of your application and the folder needs the type of "document folder".
    one idea:
    After submitting the Id of the document can easily stored into the DB. create a cdt with "documentId" (integer) attirbute and save the document Id there. 
    if you save your uploaded document into a rule input you can save the uploaded documents into the cdt.dcoumentId directly or create a rule input which will contain automatically your wanted documentIds and update your cdt.documentId via script task output.

check

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.3/File_Upload_Component.html

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.4/folder-and-document-management.html

2.)

Is it possible for you to put out all the steps in detail here starting from interface creation and local folder creation and with an example. IT would be really great if this can happen. I am strucked with this from last two to three days.

i can do that aflater, per personal massage. it is waay to detailed for that topic here and in general ;) 
    Try it at first with the provided links above :)