20.3 bug? 'Convert Record' functionality is overzealous in converting query filter field names, and converts incorrect ones in some cases.

Certified Lead Developer

I have some record types where, for example, the Related Action's Context and/or Visibility definition queries data within the Record Type definition to pass into the input. 

Yesterday I ran the "convert" functionality for the first time on one of my bigger ones, and got an import error.  Upon troubleshooting I noticed that it had changed the "field" parameter value of a queryFilter to use the new "recordType!" definition, except it was not a correct conversion.

In this case a query entity rule is called to get a matching Vendor, and the field used in the query filter is "vendorId".  The record type conversion incorrectly swapped out the text-based field name, with an (attempted) record type reference to the Personnel record... except this record type doesn't contain a "vendorId" property (nor is the vendorId relevant to the Personnel record).

This particular record type has around 30 related actions and I've had to carefully sift through them all, as this sort of issue cropped up a few times after auto-conversion.

Note: I've obfuscated snippets of object names and UUIDs for privacy reasons, but everything relevant should still be visible.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data