Inserting Images into Word Template

Certified Associate Developer

I'm trying to dynamically insert images into a word document using the "MS Word 2007 Doc from Template" Smart Service. The images are uploaded via an interface "FileUpload" component and saved into a rule input configured as text and a constant configured to save into a folder (see image below). 

In my research I've seen a lot of references to the "Advanced Document Template" plug in, but it looks like if I were to use that at this point I would have to redo a lot of my previous work. So if there's a way to insert images without using that plug in, in particular using WordML, I would appreciate any suggestions y'all have.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi!

Probably you will know this by know but unfortunately the "MS Word 2007 Doc from Template" Smart Service doesn't support uploading images. However I don't see why you would have to redo all the work you have done. If you are using the MS Word 2007 Doc from Template service you can use the output document from it as an input for the service provided in the  "Advanced Document Template" plugin. 

Here is an example

However just make sure your template is updated with the field needed to upload images as shown in plugin's documentation: