Record Summary link in email

Hi, 

I have a requirement of including the link of a request's record dashboard summary view in the email body. When clicked, the link should open the summary dashboard for that particular request ID. Any way to  implement this? 

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi there,

I have a solution for your problem. There isn't any straight forward way but this can be achieved with a little hack. You will have to generate the URL of the record from the recordLink function and then do some manipulation on the output string to make a working url. I am adding a code snippet below. You can try using this.

a!localVariables(
      local!recordRef: tostring(
        a!recordLink(
          recordType: cons!RECORD,
          identifier: 1,

).@attributes.@anyAttribute._recordRef
      ),
      local!recordLink: concat(
        "https://yourEnvironmentUrl.com/suite/tempo/records/item/",
        local!recordRef,
        "/view/summary"
      ),
      local!recordLink
    )

In this code, you can make certain things dynamic like identifier, your environment Url.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks
    -Harshit Bumb

• Hi there,

I have a solution for your problem. There isn't any straight forward way but this can be achieved with a little hack. You will have to generate the URL of the record from the recordLink function and then do some manipulation on the output string to make a working url. I am adding a code snippet below. You can try using this.

a!localVariables(
      local!recordRef: tostring(
        a!recordLink(
          recordType: cons!RECORD,
          identifier: 1,

).@attributes.@anyAttribute._recordRef
      ),
      local!recordLink: concat(
        "https://yourEnvironmentUrl.com/suite/tempo/records/item/",
        local!recordRef,
        "/view/summary"
      ),
      local!recordLink
    )

In this code, you can make certain things dynamic like identifier, your environment Url.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks
    -Harshit Bumb

Children