Import file from file system

Certified Lead Developer

Hi all,

We want to import an excel/csv file from the file system in the same machine in which Appian runs. Do we need a plugin for that? We can use SFTP services or any other plugin but I wanted to know if Appian offers somethign out of the box. When I look at the excel tools that we have in place they expect that the file is already in the Appian internal DMS.

what I have seen so far is that we can use collab filesystem utilities or SFTP utilities. It seems that Appian does not offer something out of the box yet.

I am tempted to use the collab filesystem utilities because as far as I know the SFTP utilities require a SFTP client installed in the machine. Any recommendation?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Agree - we have used the Collab / Filesystem Utilities plugin for accessing files directly from the server for situations such as, converting a legacy application into Appian with many documents (docs loaded to server, plugin run to import to Appian documents).  Another use case in the past was user data load from an external system - CSV dumped on the server, plugin used to pull the file and update user accounts.  Worked well for all our use cases :)

• Agree - we have used the Collab / Filesystem Utilities plugin for accessing files directly from the server for situations such as, converting a legacy application into Appian with many documents (docs loaded to server, plugin run to import to Appian documents).  Another use case in the past was user data load from an external system - CSV dumped on the server, plugin used to pull the file and update user accounts.  Worked well for all our use cases :)

Children
No Data