refresh

Certified Associate Developer

hi, 

I'm looking for something to refresh variable every one secound, 

I was try "a!refreshVariable()", but it dose not make refresh less than 30 secound

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • a!refreshVariable should be the approach to follow for refreshing variables. Refreshing every second would probably have quite an impact in the interface performance and that's probably the reason behind only allowing 30s as the minimum interval.

Can you shed some light on what you're trying to do? There could be other ways to do it. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Pedro Simões

The use case I've had in the past that would need this is i.e. having an updated "current time" including seconds on the interface; useful for either showing the current time or especially, showing a "countdown" timer if the task has a tight hardcoded expiration deadline.

I understand why the refresh functionality has a hardcoded refresh speed limit, but at the same time it seems a little silly that there is still no way to cause certain components/values to refresh in "real time" on interfaces.  Most other web-form technology i've seen (as a user, at the very least) seems to have plenty of ways of handling this, yet we're stuck with.... nothing.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Pedro Simões

The use case I've had in the past that would need this is i.e. having an updated "current time" including seconds on the interface; useful for either showing the current time or especially, showing a "countdown" timer if the task has a tight hardcoded expiration deadline.

I understand why the refresh functionality has a hardcoded refresh speed limit, but at the same time it seems a little silly that there is still no way to cause certain components/values to refresh in "real time" on interfaces.  Most other web-form technology i've seen (as a user, at the very least) seems to have plenty of ways of handling this, yet we're stuck with.... nothing.

Children
No Data