Old process instances to use new version of a CDT

I have a task form which has many data sections that users can update. Each section on the task form refers to a CDT and a table. In one of the sections, I have a column of type Number(Integer) int(11). Due to a new business requirement, I have to change the column to decimal(19,2). In order to achieve this, a new version of this CDT should be created by modifying the int(11) column to decimal(19,2). But there are hundreds of instances in production where this task form is still open.

If the CDT is updated, only future instances of this task would be able to support decimal(19,2). All the old instances would only be able to support int(11). But we want this fix to be applied for both the old and new instances.

As a work around, Instead of updating the section directly on the task, I have created a link using a!recordActionField() where I am showing the same section on a pop-up from the task form. Users will be able to update this section from the pop-up which runs off the latest version of the CDT because it triggers a new instance asynchronous process instance.

Apart from this workaround, Is there a way to update all the old instances of a process model to use the latest version of the CDT?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data