renaming a field in a CDT that's already mapped in the process model doesn't update in the process model and expressions.

Certified Associate Developer

Hello community,

I would like to rename some fields in a CDT to match the naming used in the JSON input. 
When I began to build the naming wasn't clear yet.
Offcourse I can map the data, but like it better if the naming in the CDT match the naming of the input.
After I changed the name, I noticed that the name is not updated in expressions.
I probably have to manually rename in code referring to the old name.
But when I try to remap in the process model the old name still appears in the node and I am not able to select the renamed field.
the situation is like:

CDT.oldName changed to CDT.newName but I am able to select CDT.newName.

Kind Regards,

Erik

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Which version of Appian are you on?

First ensure your process variable for the CDT does not reference the old version such as pv!Person^2.  If so, reset to the new version by re-selecting the CDT type. 

On newer versions of Appian you should only have to close and re-open the process model after updating the CDT to see the new version.  It used to be the case however if you were editing objects referenced by the CDT while you update the CDT in another tab, the new CDT version was not included automatically and the objects (process models, forms, etc) would reference the older version until manually updated. 

• Which version of Appian are you on?

First ensure your process variable for the CDT does not reference the old version such as pv!Person^2.  If so, reset to the new version by re-selecting the CDT type. 

On newer versions of Appian you should only have to close and re-open the process model after updating the CDT to see the new version.  It used to be the case however if you were editing objects referenced by the CDT while you update the CDT in another tab, the new CDT version was not included automatically and the objects (process models, forms, etc) would reference the older version until manually updated. 

Children