Illegal Argument Exception invalid index(1) for null value of type PTS_upload?list

On submit button, I have ri!upload saved with two value [1]- docno:123,ticketNo:444 & [2]- docno:124,ticketNo:3334 

when running process model getting above error? if more input details need to clarify my query please let me know.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you show the expression for your interface? Usually I've seen a similar error to this if you're trying to save into a specific index using square brackets. Also what troubleshooting steps have you tried? Usually I remove a little at a time until it fixes the error - then it's a lot easier to solve the problem if you know what caused it.

• 1. Inside Button- SaveInto: a!forEach(
    items: local!multidocuploadids, <-- {123,253}
    expression: a!save(ri!upload[fv!index].docno, fv!item) -->[1]docno:123,ticket:22

-->[2]docno:253,ticket:22
    )

2. Troubleshoot [i] if(isnull(local!multidocuploadids),{}, above point1 expression) , Trobleshoot[ii] Removed null column named "id"

• Are you certain that at this point there are already at least two items in ri!upload? Personally I don't usually create a dynamic number of saves - I try to only perform a single save that updates all the data. Also I strongly distrust square brackets (because if the index doesn't exist it fails), so I usually look for an alternative that doesn't use them.

If I were doing this I would start with something like this:

saveInto: a!save(
      target: ri!upload,
      value: a!forEach(
        items: ri!upload,
        expression: a!map(
          id: fv!item.id,
          name: fv!item.name,
          docno: index(
            local!multidocuploadids,
            fv!index,
            null
          )
        )
      )
    )

Note: I'm not certain if the "items" parameter should be the rule input or the local variable - I can't tell without knowing more context about your interface. Also I used a map for the fields in your rule input, but if it is an explicit type you can use that instead.

• Are you certain that at this point there are already at least two items in ri!upload? Personally I don't usually create a dynamic number of saves - I try to only perform a single save that updates all the data. Also I strongly distrust square brackets (because if the index doesn't exist it fails), so I usually look for an alternative that doesn't use them.

If I were doing this I would start with something like this:

saveInto: a!save(
      target: ri!upload,
      value: a!forEach(
        items: ri!upload,
        expression: a!map(
          id: fv!item.id,
          name: fv!item.name,
          docno: index(
            local!multidocuploadids,
            fv!index,
            null
          )
        )
      )
    )

Note: I'm not certain if the "items" parameter should be the rule input or the local variable - I can't tell without knowing more context about your interface. Also I used a map for the fields in your rule input, but if it is an explicit type you can use that instead.

Children