I have some trouble to run the test in FitNesse

i'm fresher for appian and I have configured  FitNesse as shown below

version 21.1

While click on test i'm getting the below error

Any one knows the steps to reslove please help me.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi there,

I would recommend you go to your Fitnesse installation directory and use the SuiteExample as a start point. Initially you can edit this suite and test it, and later on you can create your own suite according to your needs.

You can find the SuiteExample in the Fitnesse installation path:
    C:\FitNesseForAppian\FitNesseRoot\FitNesseForAppian\Examples\SuiteExample

Once you open the SuiteExample, first thing that you need to edit is the Set Up script (Where you define for example the browser that the test will use) and most importantly the Suite Setup (Where you define the Appian URL, version, language, variables, etc).

After that you can edit one of the predefined test pages to perform whatever you are trying to achieve and run the test page or the Suite. You can use this script for example A_Create_Automated_Testing_Input.

Hope these info helps.

Regards,

Acacio B.

SuiteExample

SuiteSetup

SetUp

• Hi,

I have done as per your recommendations getting issue with login with username

script

!define TEST_SYSTEM {slim}
    !define COMMAND_PATTERN {java -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///${automated.testing.home}/log4j.properties -cp %p %m}
    !define COMMAND_PATTERN {"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_261\bin\java" -cp %p %m}
    !path ${automated.testing.home}/**.jar

!| script |com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture |
    |setup with |CHROME |browser |
    |open|login.appian.com/.../
    |set appian version to|21.1 |
    |set appian locale to |en_US |
    |wait for |+30 seconds |
    |login with username |******|and password |***** |

Getting the below error

__EXCEPTION__:java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: url=null at com.google.common.collect.CollectPreconditions.checkEntryNotNull(CollectPreconditions.java:34) [guava-21.0.jar] at com.google.common.collect.SingletonImmutableBiMap.<init>(SingletonImmutableBiMap.java:42) [guava-21.0.jar] at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableBiMap.of(ImmutableBiMap.java:73) [guava-21.0.jar] at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap.of(ImmutableMap.java:120) [guava-21.0.jar] at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.get(RemoteWebDriver.java:364) [selenium-remote-driver-3.4.0.jar] at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.tempo.TempoLogin.navigateToLoginPage(TempoLogin.java:224) [fitnesse-for-appian-21.1.jar] at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginIntoWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:430) [fitnesse-for-appian-21.1.jar] at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.BaseFixture.loginWithUsernameAndPassword(BaseFixture.java:447) [fitnesse-for-appian-21.1.jar] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.8.0_261] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [rt.jar:1.8.0_261] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.8.0_261] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [rt.jar:1.8.0_261] at fitnesse.slim.fixtureInteraction.SimpleInteraction.methodInvoke(SimpleInteraction.java:322) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.fixtureInteraction.SimpleInteraction.callMethod(SimpleInteraction.java:307) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.fixtureInteraction.SimpleInteraction.invokeMethod(SimpleInteraction.java:290) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.fixtureInteraction.SimpleInteraction.findAndInvoke(SimpleInteraction.java:217) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.MethodExecutor.findAndInvoke(MethodExecutor.java:18) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.FixtureMethodExecutor.execute(FixtureMethodExecutor.java:18) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.StatementExecutor.getMethodExecutionResult(StatementExecutor.java:139) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.StatementExecutor.call(StatementExecutor.java:112) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.instructions.CallAndOptionalAssignInstruction.executeInternal(CallAndOptionalAssignInstruction.java:30) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.instructions.Instruction.execute(Instruction.java:29) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.ListExecutor$Executive.executeStatement(ListExecutor.java:49) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.ListExecutor$Executive.executeStatements(ListExecutor.java:43) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.ListExecutor.execute(ListExecutor.java:85) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimServer.executeInstructions(SlimServer.java:82) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimServer.processOneSetOfInstructions(SlimServer.java:75) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimServer.tryProcessInstructions(SlimServer.java:62) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimServer.serve(SlimServer.java:47) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimService.handle(SlimService.java:169) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimService.acceptOne(SlimService.java:177) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimService.accept(SlimService.java:139) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimService.startWithFactory(SlimService.java:92) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501] at fitnesse.slim.SlimService.main(SlimService.java:57) [fitnesse-20200501-standalone.jar:20200501]

can you please help me with this error,Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

I have getting some issues in login commands Please help me

Thanks in advance 

• Hi there,

Have you configured the user.properties file?

This file is located in the installation path, for example:

C:\FitNesseForAppian\configs\user.properties

This file needed to be edited manually and is not possible to edit it using the browser application. Once inside the file just add your user = password.

Then in your scripts you can use the command:

|login with username|userAddedInTheUserPropertiesFile|

Regards

Acacio B.

• Hi Acacio B,

I have written command as 

|login with username|USER|

than in user.properties(C:\FitNesseForAppian\configs\user.properties)

USER=PASSWORD 

correct me if I'm wrong

but still I'm facing same error

Thanks,

Uday.

• The command that you used is correct and all the configuration seems to be fine.

Just in case, have you edit the file before or after rune the start.bat? Just try to close Fitnesse and run the bat again.

Is the page for login at least loading? I noticed that the Appian URL that you set in your script is not so usual Appian cloud URL.

You also could try to use the command below, that is a way that you can use to skip the user.properties:

|login with username|USERNAME|and password|PASSWORD|

Are you trying to login on Tempo or on a Site? Because if is a Site the Fixture also need to be adjusted.

Hope that helps.

Acacio B.

• Sorry Uday,

I got I little confuse now, in your initial question you had an URL configured there that looks a good URL, but now your are trying with a complete different one? Could you go back to the initial URL configuration and try again?

It should be something like:

https://yourappianhost.appiancloud.com/suite/tempo

Acacio B

• Sorry for that Acacio B,

i'm using this url 

https://loblawtest.appiancloud.com/suite/portal/login.jsp

the above script that I have written, Is there any thing I have written wrong in script

in script it is loading up to url load and i'm getting issue with login

I think is that error regarding any jars missing

Thanks,

Uday.

• Hi,

|setup login with username field| User | and password field | Password | and login button | Sign In | 

I have used this command from Cheat Sheet, it doesn't throws any error or  exceptions but still it is not navigating to login page to home page and also does not throws error in login page too like (username or password is wrong) 

Thanks,

Uday.