How to make the site full screen width?

Something that's bothering is I can't make my interfaces take up the whole width of the screen. I have se the setting on the site to be "Full" but the interfaces still show empty spaces on left and right sides. One of the screenshots on this reference appears to suggest that you can make an interface take up the whole width. https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.1/ux_page_width.html

The only thing that can take up the whole width is a billboard layout inside a header content layout, but nothing else. Any suggestions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

How wide is your browser window?

I double checked one of my sites, and the only configuration I have set is setting the site tab to "FULL" which it sounds like you've done.  The interface it uses (via the report set for the tab) doesn't do anything particularly special.  In one of my examples the interface is just a one-column section layout with a paging grid, and that takes up the full page width in the site.

If I stretch my browser window to about 1.25x "full HD" width (i.e. 1.25 x 1920px horizontal, so my window spans 1.25 monitors in my setup), then i get space on the sides.  But not until then. 
    Edit: Correction - the above is actually only when the site tab is set to "Wide" instead of "Full".  For a site tab set to "full", it takes up the full width even after i've stretched the windows to 2 monitors' width.

• Strange, no matter what I do there is always empty space on both ends. Even when I display it on a laptop screen. I tried removing all container components and just leave components alone and I get the same result. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jose H.

What sort of empty space are you getting?  I get a reasonably small margin (like to keep the text from bumping up against the edges of the browser window) but that's it.

• I'm referring to this small white space that never goes away. It would be nice to be able to get rid of so I can make my containers take up the whole width of the page in the same way that the billboard does at the top. it seems like that's the only component that can do that. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jose H.

I assume that's the Appian-generated margin between the edge of the browser window and the edge of the interface components.  Does it grow if you widen your browser window, or stay about the same?

It looks similar to mine, though your screenshot doesn't seem to show the border of the browser window so it's hard to be 100% sure...

If this is all you mean, I believe this is expected functionality and not covered under what is meant by "FULL" width.