We have a web application where end user can input data from there. I have 2 que

We have a web application where end user can input data from there. I have 2 questions:
1.There is possible to trigger a process in appian every data inputed by user on web application (not Appian form) ? Any best practice on Appian we can make it?
2. Do we can using Appian to get data from web application and send back result to web application?
Thanks...

OriginalPostID-99128

OriginalPostID-99128

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Heri, In addition to the post by Aayush, the point answer to your question is yes. You can trigger a process in Appian from an external service either via WS call (A process in Appianc an be exposed as a WS) OR via JMS. Be reminded that you do need Appian credentials in order to initiate the WS call.

For #2, you can use synchronous WS in order to do what this bit. But once again, you need to consider the benefits of this approach and what feature of Appian you are utilizing and what you are not.

I hope this helps.
  • Heri, In addition to the post by Aayush, the point answer to your question is yes. You can trigger a process in Appian from an external service either via WS call (A process in Appianc an be exposed as a WS) OR via JMS. Be reminded that you do need Appian credentials in order to initiate the WS call.

For #2, you can use synchronous WS in order to do what this bit. But once again, you need to consider the benefits of this approach and what feature of Appian you are utilizing and what you are not.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data