user picker saves as email

When i use a user picker in my interface, it saves into a text field and returns as an email. How can I get a save as a User object? Eventually I want to use this field as my assign tab in my process model?

Is this possible? Im new to appian. Thanks everyonew

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

If its save target is a rule input with "text" value, then it will save the plaintext username of the selected Appian user (which is often an email, but certainly not always).  If you want to save it as a User object, save the value instead into a rule input of type "User".

For what it's worth, most places in Appian that expect a User object will work perfectly well when passed a plaintext username, so you have some flexibility here, depending on the finer details of your planned implementation.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

If its save target is a rule input with "text" value, then it will save the plaintext username of the selected Appian user (which is often an email, but certainly not always).  If you want to save it as a User object, save the value instead into a rule input of type "User".

For what it's worth, most places in Appian that expect a User object will work perfectly well when passed a plaintext username, so you have some flexibility here, depending on the finer details of your planned implementation.

Children