FitNesse - Verify all dropdown values without populating the field

I was wondering if there was a way to verify all of the values in a dropdown picker field without selecting each one.

Scenario: 
There is a field that contains 3 choices "Initiate, Additional, Review", is there a way to verify that this dropdown contains each of this values without populating each field then verifying.

The following script will accomplish the goal, but does not scale well, as some drop down fields contain dozens or hundreds of selections and this would greatly increase testing time.

!|script|
|populate field | [1] | with | Initiate|
|verify field | [1] | contains | Initiate|
|populate field | [1] | with | Additional|
|verify field | [1] | contains | Additional|
|populate field | [1] | with | Review|
|verify field | [1] | contains | Review|

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It looks like you are not testing functionality instead verifying data quality / completeness. 
    In this case it is better to request from the developer a list of the 'Choice Labels' and 'Choice Values' in this particular UI / drop down field.
    You can easily run the content with a Diff Checker against your expected values.

• Let me clarify a little more on the functionality I am testing:

The particular drop down fields I am testing are populated with data entered in a different section.

During these tests I am adding values to the dropdown field, then navigating to that page to verify that all values have been added to the drop down grid.

In some cases I need to add large batches of values to the dropdown fields, then verify that all of them have been added.

My goal was to figure out if there was a way to do this without populating the field and verifying over and over.

• Let me clarify a little more on the functionality I am testing:

The particular drop down fields I am testing are populated with data entered in a different section.

During these tests I am adding values to the dropdown field, then navigating to that page to verify that all values have been added to the drop down grid.

In some cases I need to add large batches of values to the dropdown fields, then verify that all of them have been added.

My goal was to figure out if there was a way to do this without populating the field and verifying over and over.

Children