Pdf generation with grid

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to generate pdf file with data in in tabular form.

I have a requirement where I need to generate the pdf having tables which contains rows defined dynamically.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Ankitas ,

We implemented this recently in our project. Below are the steps followed

1)query the data and convert to the xml format.(output should be with in XML tags)

2)create one empty document as template and also inside the document just provide the ##variable name) .

3)Using the smart service(Create Document from Template) call the above rule and write the output to the document (Map the above rule  output to the ###variable.

4)create XML  XSLfile.  Please look into XML XSL templates(XML stylesheets)

5)Using the  smart service (PDF from XSL FO Transformation), provide the source input file as output from step3 and also place the XML XSL 

template.

By executing the steps , we can create dynamic pdf. 

Also please refer the below link for  sample template

https://community.appian.com/discussions/f/plug-ins/17891/pdf-from-xsl-fo-smart-service

Hope this helps!  please let me know if this works for you

Have a good day!

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to baratc

Hi ,

Thanks for your response.

I have few queries on the points you suggested above.

2)create one empty document as template and also inside the document just provide the ##variable name) : What will be the type of document, html of .txt and with ##variable do you mean like the file will have a value ###testVariabl###.

3:Using the smart service(Create Document from Template) call the above rule and write the output to the document (Map the above rule output to the ###variable.: I cant find this Smart service in my environment, do i need to install some plugin for this.?

Thanks n Regards,

Ankita Singh

• Hi Ankita,

Let me try to help you with doubts.

1. The file that you are trying to generate is an XML, therefore its extension must be .xml
    2. The smart service that you are looking for is Appian out of the box, and the name is Text Doc from Template

Regards,

Acacio B.

Reply Children
No Data