Set Document Expiration

Hi All, 

if am not wrong, the Document Expiration was available till Appian 18.1, later i dont see any option on the same, is there any way, we can set an Expiration and delete the douments.

Warm Regards

Vineeth

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know this feature has been deprecated - and in my experience it was hard to use well in the first place due to such low visibility and basically no warning upon expiration, etc.  I strongly recommend if you need some sort of automated document expiration, you handle it in your documents database table and build a process that can handle removing documents if/when needed.  This does require your in-Appian documents to be recorded to a database table you design, but I always strongly recommend that to be done anyway, since there are many things that are very hard to do without it.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know this feature has been deprecated - and in my experience it was hard to use well in the first place due to such low visibility and basically no warning upon expiration, etc.  I strongly recommend if you need some sort of automated document expiration, you handle it in your documents database table and build a process that can handle removing documents if/when needed.  This does require your in-Appian documents to be recorded to a database table you design, but I always strongly recommend that to be done anyway, since there are many things that are very hard to do without it.

Children