Script task

Certified Senior Developer

Does script task has any limitations?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • I'm also not a fan that you can't have a quick glimpse of the Target of all outputs in one view.  Say you have 30 Data Outputs, trying to find which one is being saved into a certain variable requires up to 30 clicks.  Additionally, for longer CDT names, the windows doesn't expand - cutting off part of the variable name.  More of an annoyance than a limitation however. 

But there is a limitation of 1000 calls when running as MNI.

Would also be nice to be able to set these as a "Run as Administrator" account, vs having to rely on the designer or process initiator.

Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Chris

Regarding your final point - the "designer" account should always be a system admin (at least in Prod).  And since they introduced service accounts, it's finally pretty easy to pull off without bending over backwards.

• Yea, and that has been much better as of late with the Deployment capability.  I'm racking my brain, but we have had issues with developer accounts being deactivated which are tied to the PMs - been a while though..

I remember being thrilled when a plugin was released that let you publish PMs as the admin account using a smart service - still required a second step during deployments however.  Before that, you had to login to your browser with the admin account to deploy or re-publish (unless you wanted your name on production documents etc)..  Anyway, loving that deployment feature!  Only bonus there would be if we could deploy to multiple environments at once, since we're on the topic of limitations :) 

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Chris
    Say you have 30 Data Outputs, trying to find which one is being saved into a certain variable requires up to 30 clicks.

I find the process documentation useful for such situations.